Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Regret

In the silence of my absence, you'll hear the echoes ring,
Whispers of a love once lost, a song that could have been.

You'll sift through memories like grains of sand,
Longing for the touch of my once-weathered hand.

In the quiet of the night, when darkness shrouds your bed,
You'll feel the weight of regret, heavy on your head.

For in the depths of solitude, you'll come to see,
The love you never cherished, the love you never freed.

You'll search for me in crowded streets, in every passing face,
But find only shadows of a love you can't replace.

And as time marches on, a relentless, steady beat,
You'll realize the depth of love lost, in a heart's silent defeat.

But alas, my love, it's too late to turn back time,
To rewrite the pages of love's unfinished rhyme.

For I've journeyed beyond, to a place heavenly unknown,
Leaving you to mourn the love you should have shown.

For even after death, I am
 in the wind, for my love will not cease.
Caressing your skin, your hair, you will feel my love's sweet breeze.

- Vrushu 

Final Blow

There once was a love so deep and true I forgave you, no matter what you'd do Betrayal after betrayal, my heart torn in two But my love ...