Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Angel's Broken Wing


In the realm of heartache and sorrow,
There was an angel among humans,
Who only walked in your life to wipe those tears,
Who cuddled you everyday and promised to take away all your fears.

You can't handle the seeds of sin you sow,
I, an Angel couldn't abandon you until the day you asked me to go,
Despite your cruelty and brutality that puts Satan to shame, 
Aghast I was to hear, "It was your choice to stay, so why is it God that you blame?"

I know a storm is brewing,
But now I cannot fly to save you,
For I am an angel with broken wings,
Bound by the chains of earthly pain.

When it rains, you will find me in the raindrops,
I warned you not to create this fate if you only listened and stopped. 
Remember that time when for you I came, 
But now I am powerless to ease your pain.

I would have wrapped you in my wings,
Put you to sleep with my prayers to sing.
To shield you from the darkness, 
Oh, in many ways I showed you the miracle of humility and kindness. 

But you tore every feather of my selfless and pure love, 
Now even God feels my aches as I am asked to return to the heavens above.

Final Blow

There once was a love so deep and true I forgave you, no matter what you'd do Betrayal after betrayal, my heart torn in two But my love ...