Thursday, March 14, 2024

Nothingness

These eyes, wide open, have lost their flame,
Gazing into voids, where despair lays claim.
No spark within, no light to chase,
Soul's bright luster lost in darkness' embrace.

Carved from sorrow’s quarry, still and stark,
Lips sealed, cheeks slack, devoid of life’s spark.
Immovable, now too tired to fight
Alone I stand, on all endless nights.

Dreams once soared, as eagles high above,
Wild ambitions burned, kindled in love.
Now but specters in memory's silent plea,
Laughter's echo, joy's shade, all but flee.

In the alley of darkness, "hope" lost its way.
Im a beggar with an empty bowl, broken, cannot mend.
The heart's pulse, now quiet and spent,
In the cold, bitter silence it endures the dent.

So here I dwell, all coming nights,
A shadow's shadow, faded from sight.
Where dreams once danced, in the light of day,
Now only the whispers of their spirits sway.

For you, my love, were the shifting sand,
Eroding the earth where I stood grand.
In the silent guard, I'm so lost in debt
My soul so hollow, alone, I'm left.

Where once there blazed a fire so wild,
Now rests the quiet of a life exiled.
The laughter's ghost, happiness's shade,
In all-consuming pain, are now arrayed.

I am the nothingness, desire's cold grave,
A vessel of the void, no more brave.
No more to feel the warmth of day,
In this numb cocoon, silent I stay.

- Vrushu

Final Blow

There once was a love so deep and true I forgave you, no matter what you'd do Betrayal after betrayal, my heart torn in two But my love ...