Thursday, March 14, 2024

Shadow Lost

When you stopped loving me, the child within wept,
Her laughter silenced, her innocence swept.
For in your absence, she found no solace,
Just echoes of pain in an empty palace.

With each goodbye, a piece of her faded,
In the darkness of loss, she became jaded.
Her once bright spirit, now dulled and dim,
As loneliness consumed her from within.

You robbed me of my own shadow, my guiding light,
Leaving me to wander in the depths of night.
No longer do I feel her presence near,
Just the haunting absence of what once was dear.

Oh, how I long to reclaim that part of me,
The child within who used to be free.
But you took her with you when you said goodbye,
Leaving me alone beneath the somber sky.

So now I walk this path, shadowless and bare,
Longing for the child who used to be there.
But she's gone, lost to the void of your leaving,
And I'm left with the ache of a soul grieving.

- Vrushu

Final Blow

There once was a love so deep and true I forgave you, no matter what you'd do Betrayal after betrayal, my heart torn in two But my love ...