Thursday, March 14, 2024

Remnants of Childhood

When I see you, a flood of memories rush,
A cascade of moments, a whispered hush.
For in your eyes, I glimpse the past,
A childhood lost, too fleeting to last.

Your laughter echoes with the innocence of youth,
A time of wonder, of unspoken truth.
In your smile, I see the days gone by,
A treasure trove of memories that never die.

Yet with each glance, a pang of sorrow,
For time's cruel hand steals tomorrow.
The carefree days, now distant dreams,
Lost in the passage of life's streams.

Oh, how I long to hold onto the past,
To make time stand still, to make it last.
But like sand slipping through my fingers,
Childhood slips away, leaving lingering whispers.

So when I see you, dear one, know this truth,
You are a mirror reflecting my youth.
And though the years may fade away,
The memories of childhood will forever stay.

- Vrushu

Final Blow

There once was a love so deep and true I forgave you, no matter what you'd do Betrayal after betrayal, my heart torn in two But my love ...