Thursday, March 14, 2024

Passing Wind

When you uttered those words, so cold and stark,
That the love we shared had withered and dark,
I felt as if all I received from your touch,
Was nothing but fleeting, a breeze in a rush.

The promises whispered, now shattered and torn,
Like petals of flowers by the tempest worn.
Each moment we shared, now hauntingly thin,
As if all we had built was built upon whim.

I thought your love was solid, a rock so grand,
But now it crumbles like grains of sand.
For what I held dear, what I thought was true,
Was nothing but a passing wind that blew.

In the silence that followed, I felt the chill,
Of love's departure, a void to fill.
All that remains are echoes of pain,
As I watch our love fade, like a dying flame.

So farewell to the love that once burned bright,
Now lost to the winds, out of sight.
For all that I received, all that I've known,
Was nothing but a passing wind, now gone.

- Vrushu

Final Blow

There once was a love so deep and true I forgave you, no matter what you'd do Betrayal after betrayal, my heart torn in two But my love ...