Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Love alone can't heal

In the vast expanse of our shared universe,
I thought I was the beacon that lit up your darkness,
But now I see the shadows creeping in,
The emptiness that haunts your soul,
A void I cannot seem to fill,
My love falling short, inadequate,
As you struggle to find peace within yourself.

I remember the days of laughter and smiles,
When your eyes sparkled with joy in my presence,
But now they are clouded with sorrow and doubt,

How did I fail to be the anchor you needed,
To keep you grounded in our love,
To shield you from the storms raging within.

But now, a void whispers through your soul,
An emptiness that cannot be filled,
A longing that my love cannot mend,
A sorrow that eclipses our happiness.

It pains me to see you suffer,
To witness your inner turmoil,
To realize that I am not the cure,
For the ache that plagues your spirit.

I cannot be your angel,
To shield you from your demons,
To banish the shadows that linger,
To mend what is broken within.

For love alone is not always enough,
To heal the wounds of the past,
To soothe the ache of loneliness,
To bring solace to a troubled heart.

And so, I stand before you now,
With a heavy heart,
Knowing that in the face of your deepest sorrows,
my love falls short.

Final Blow

There once was a love so deep and true I forgave you, no matter what you'd do Betrayal after betrayal, my heart torn in two But my love ...