Sunday, April 14, 2024

Tainted Melodies

From the moment the alarm rang today,
It's that song that once again plays in my head,
A haunting melody that won't go away,
I shut my ears tight, filled with dread.

The voice, the words, they won't cease,
The chorus echoing in my mind,
A relentless cycle that won't release,
Leaving me lost and confined.

I try to focus on my studies,
But the song has now taken root,
Its symphony weaving through my memories,
A constant reminder of a love that's moot.

Five hours pass in a blur,
I take a break to clear my head,
But the song grows louder, a sinister purr,
I yell out, "It's not meant for me," filled with dread.

There's no anger, no resentment,
Just a numbness that settles in,
Every moment, a constant reminder,
Of a love that was never meant to begin.

Each time I yell, "Stop," it's a plea,
To silence the deceitful tune,

I realize now the difference,
That deceit is different from being smoothly fooled,
The heart, filled with innocence,
Kept loving, unaware of being schooled.

So now the heart wears pain,
The mind in disbelief from the lesson learned,
All it knows to never trust and love again,
Because the heart has now burned and dead. 

Written by Vrushali Deshpande 

Final Blow

There once was a love so deep and true I forgave you, no matter what you'd do Betrayal after betrayal, my heart torn in two But my love ...