Friday, April 26, 2024

Final Blow

There once was a love so deep and true
I forgave you, no matter what you'd do
Betrayal after betrayal, my heart torn in two
But my love for you, only grew

I gave you all of me, every part
I was loyal and honest, right from the start
I never lied, never strayed
Yet you say your love for me decayed

You tell me, you've stopped loving me
But how can that be, can't you see?
That my love for you will never die
Even if it brings tears to my eye

You promise to tell me if you love someone else,
For you my love I have sacrificed my life, my health.
With those words, my heart, my soul crushed
By the thought of you with another, my love hushed

I've given everything, my heart and soul
Yet you say you no longer feel whole
With me, the one who has loved you so
How can you just let our love go?

So tell me, my love, why did you stray
What did I do, what did I say
To make you stop loving me, to make you go
And after all this you still gave my heart that one final blow. 

I know the pain will never fade
But my love for you will never be swayed
I will love you until my death 
Knowing you will not love me even in my last breath. 

When I am Gone

In a world full of love and of lies You looked into my trusting eyes With a heart so pure I thought you were sure But you let the deceitful ...