Saturday, May 4, 2024

When I am Gone

In a world full of love and of lies
You looked into my trusting eyes
With a heart so pure
I thought you were sure
But you let the deceitful guise rise

I loved you more than words could say
But you took my chance at life away
With your endless lies
And deceitful cries
I forgave you, even as I lay

On my deathbed, I wondered why
You would betray me, make me cry
But in my last breath
I know I will forgive you, no less
For true love could never die

I hope you understand the pain
That you caused with your selfish gain
But in the end
It's you, my friend
Who lost out on love, in vain

So as I leave this earthly place
I hope you'll learn from your disgrace
For love is pure
And forgiveness sure
But betrayal will never erase

So goodbye, my love, I'll see you soon
In another life, under a new moon
And yet I'll forgive once more
But this time from the other shore

- Vrushu 

Nearing the End

No words left to say Feelings have all been betrayed Silence fills ALL the remaining days