Monday, February 26, 2024

Echoes of Betrayal

Love's sweet embrace, forever denied,
In the depths of anguish, I now reside.
A heart once ablaze, fears shall turn to stone,
In the wreckage of love, I'm all left alone.

Within the void, where love once thrived,
A numbness grows, where tears once cried.
A prisoner to this lifelong ache,
My spirit bends, my will to break.

Through selfless love, a bond was spun,
But now it's fractured, all undone.
I loved with all I had to give,
But now, in sorrow, I shall cease to live.

Within my soul, a darkness grows,
Where love once dwelled, now sorrow flows.
Something within me has ceased to beat,
As if my soul has alas accepted defeat.

Each beat of my heart echoes the pain,
As shattered dreams fall like rain.
The echoes of our laughter fade,
In the silence where my heart's betrayed.

No solace found in whispered lies,
No comfort in tear-stained goodbyes.
For in the ruins of what we were,
I'm left to wander, lost and unsure.

A heart that loved, with all its might,
Now lies in ruins, unwilling to fight.
Farewell to love, and all its pain,
It dawns on me, it was all in vain.

So let this be my yet another verse,
A requiem for love, now cursed.
For though my heart may never mend,
I'll bear this pain until the end.


Final Blow

There once was a love so deep and true I forgave you, no matter what you'd do Betrayal after betrayal, my heart torn in two But my love ...