Sunday, July 28, 2013

I am what you believe




This emptiness that I live with; this unending story that you decided to write on me, I still sit on the last page of it. 

It doesn’t matter what I feel because what matters is what you believed in. 

I have heard a lot about myself, but you were the first to believe I fooled you.  It did not matter what else you said in the fit of your anger; it did not matter what else happened.   
Tell me how did you manage to break me down with that one line? 

Every time I took decisions to see myself happy, I ended up disappointing the ones I care for the most. Every time I took those decisions, I brought more unhappiness to me than ever before. 

In last four years, I expected nothing. I only wanted to give everything I could in the time I had with me. I tried doing my best.

It never mattered what I achieved; it mattered what I gave.
Countless people congratulated me for what I got. What they didn’t know was that I lost the person I genuinely loved. 

******************************************

"You said you do not want to see my face. You won't.

I took all my belongings that day but I left my smile back there. I won't come back for it. 

It is easier to believe I erred and live with it than disrespecting you by believing I was right."


Written by Vrushali Deshpande






When I am Gone

In a world full of love and of lies You looked into my trusting eyes With a heart so pure I thought you were sure But you let the deceitful ...