Monday, December 19, 2011

Accepting the Changing Society - by VD

To accept the change, you have to change your ‘bit’ within
To adapt to a transforming world, you have to mould your thinking
I say, ‘Accept the change’, but do not forget your roots
I know where I truly belong but the world does not fit into my boots
Amidst the juggle, you define-redefine the rights and wrongs
Amidst the commotion, you unknowingly break your thongs

If life is a play, I keep changing my roles
Sometimes I do good things and become a protagonist;
Sometimes I do wrong things and they call me an antagonist
“Who am I really?” – is the question I ask myself
I am no heroin, I am no villain!
Whatever role I play is only my momentary challenge

Victory is a blend of ‘effort’ and some amount of ‘luck’
Defeat is a result of the exact opposite of both
Triumph does not fascinate me; it does not recharge me
Peace is what I aim for; peace is where my energies are focused on
They say, ‘Pain is a proof that you are a human’
Often ‘Pain’ is the reason for me to be inhuman

Time changes and it heals it all
Mornings are beautiful because it ends ‘Yesterday’ afterall
I no more see the injury; I blind myself to the ‘marks’
And despite the twilight, I appreciate its beauty than to see it as dark

But it is not the past that haunts the present
It is the present that reminds me of yesterday
Yet I bury the memories and handle the challenges of today

Every moment is an opportunity to better the today
And every past an experience that should have no place for dismay

by Vrushali Deshpande

Final Blow

There once was a love so deep and true I forgave you, no matter what you'd do Betrayal after betrayal, my heart torn in two But my love ...