Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dangers of honesty

Lost in the traces of intolerable pain, I gasp every moment to make myself believe I am alive.
‘Honesty’ as people once said is my strength, I regret their saying!
This genuineness of my heart tortures me in different ways in this human world
And with every moment of my truth, I lose one more bit within me

There are far more dangers to truth and I realized it until I saw the ease people are at when they lie.
Today I am a prisoner of life and my crime is that I say the truth
I can be a changed person, but then I would not know how to love
I can choose not to love, but then I would be just a machine who can walk, talk and remember.

Lost in the traces of their doing, I gasp to make myself believe I can yet take the pain
‘Love’ as people said is what I do most beautifully; today I regret their saying!
I cannot hear the shouts of my cry; it tells me I have no happiness left within
I cannot bear the pain in my heart; it tells me I am still madly in love

There are far more dangers of being in love and I realized it until I saw losing myself
I was a selfish girl and by error I loved someone more than me
Today I am a prisoner of pain, and my crime is I told him I am incomplete without him

‘Honesty’ I say is the weakness in me, as it alienates me more from people who look like me

Written by Vrushali Deshpande

Final Blow

There once was a love so deep and true I forgave you, no matter what you'd do Betrayal after betrayal, my heart torn in two But my love ...