Monday, October 11, 2010

Who are you ?

I had made one friend few years back,
I knew it was 'happiness' that she lacked.
She wanted to shout so loud that no one could hear,
She wanted a friend, who can be so dear.

Her every letter which formed a word was crying.
Her fictitious smile which she carried was dying.
The innocence was felt all the time
She asked me "Tell me, wont I ever smile?”

I taught her to be brave and strong,
and improvise on everything that went wrong.
26 years passed, now she has no more tears.
Looking at her blank expressions, I asked with fear,
“What have you done to yourself?”
She said “You asked me to smile, so someone taught me to pretend,
You told never to depend
so, i just couldn’t make even 1 friend.

I asked her "Do you think you are living this life?"
She said "Yes, i am breathing this air which is cutting me like a knife.
She said, "I always tried playing your role",
I smiled and asked her, "Who are you?"
She said "Oh, I forgot to tell you, I am your soul "

Written by: Vrushali Deshpande

Final Blow

There once was a love so deep and true I forgave you, no matter what you'd do Betrayal after betrayal, my heart torn in two But my love ...