Monday, May 24, 2010

A Mistake

Every time you meet the wrong one who breaks your heart miserably, a loved one comes into your life and showers a ray of hope – telling you that whatever happens, happens for good and there’s a better person to come in your life; an angel as you may call, would be one day standing right before you.

Every time I fell for these words, I left my pessimism behind, tried not to generalize people, just simply gave one more chance for love to enter in my life. In vain, I realized either I always loved the wrong ones or I am too wrong in letting the right one to come in my life. The more I hoped to be optimistic towards relationships, the more I chose to question my decisions and improve in life for good.

Often we hope for that right one to come and every time we feel he’s the one, the next moment we are deceived. A relationship can never break because of a new girl friend in his life, but it does when she is able to offer him which you cannot. He leaves you not for another girl, but because you cannot give him what he desires. At the end, it’s fair for both of you.

All these years I introspected every day of my life, evaluating every action and reaction of mine; felt guilty when I chose to be plainly arrogant with someone nice; felt good and yet stayed quiet when I realized I contributed to a good gesture. Eventually, I uplifted in my own eyes for having committed least sins; for never cheating on anyone.

Today an angel stands right before me and while I was too busy brooding over past and being involved in materialistic world, I did not realize even his shadow around me. Today he opens his arms towards me and I hug him with love in my heart, yet never letting my soul love him the way I learnt of love in my life. Today, I break his trust in me, walking on the path where I have no reasoning for my action. Today I committed a sin which I thought was never a part of me.

I realize that it is never any greatness that made me to stay away from sins; it simply is my cowardice to never have enough courage to answer to the person within me. If there’s anyone who can truly destroy me; who can punish me; who can make me feel miserable about my actions; who can make my soul feel dead, then it simply is me.

Written by Vrushali Deshpande

Final Blow

There once was a love so deep and true I forgave you, no matter what you'd do Betrayal after betrayal, my heart torn in two But my love ...