Friday, August 23, 2013

I did not do enough for you, did I?



I did not do enough for you, did I? 

It does not matter if people around me talk ill about me.  It does matter what you feel. It does not matter if they ridicule me behind my back. What matters is if you agree with them. 

I do not crave for success; I do not aspire for anything materialistic.  I do not believe life is a game that I need to see how I win it. I do not react to people who bitch about me because I have no place in my heart to wish ill for them; because I do not have the soul to use impure words for them.  It isn’t about ignoring them; it is about forgiving them as they say it. 

Do not take my silence as my weakness; do not take my ignorance as my cowardice.  I do not believe in “goodness”; I believe in playing my role of a human in this life.

With you I laughed. With you I truly smiled. Do you know I have not laughed for a long time now?
My laugh reminds me of you and you remind me of how I disappointed someone I love so much. 

I did not do enough for you, did I?

Written by Vrushali Deshpande

Final Blow

There once was a love so deep and true I forgave you, no matter what you'd do Betrayal after betrayal, my heart torn in two But my love ...