Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The busy man in your life

“I absolutely disgust people who are two faced & I do not know which of his cheek to slap first”, wrote a classmate of mine from the MBA batch on her facebook profile. Instantaneously, I replied, “I suggest kiss on his one cheek & slap on the other. You never know the toes you step on today could be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow.”

While the reply struck my mind in seconds, I wondered if outburst of our anger on people (not ‘very’ closely connected to us) would be the right thing to do. Diplomacy indeed has become the need of today in order to survive in today’s highly competitive world. I do not know if calling ‘diplomacy’ would be appropriate or is it simply an attitude to maintain cordial relationship with everyone for selfish reasons by being in complete control of your emotions.

I have often seen people who run so fast initially towards the need for survival and then chasing to fulfilling their dreams that they seldom find time for their closed knit relationships. Nevertheless, to run the family the former is essential & to mount luxury on your loved ones, the latter is important – Yes, at the cost of compromising on the time you give to your loved ones or more often not finding time to simply express your love for them once in a day

All my life I stressed a lot on the need of love & care; mainly the role of emotions in a human’s life. The need for it increased every year when the more and more people I met in this city had their world revolving around materialism and I wondered how important money & success is to everyone. I do not know if calling them ‘materialistic’ would be appropriate or were they simply working hard to survive in this highly expensive city and the ones, who went beyond just survival, were making a mark to fulfill their dreams.

I too have dreams & they are big enough to create my own individual identity; but yet amidst the hectic life; amidst the materialism & luxury emerges a need for love & care – a realization that back home, there’s someone you want to share your day with.

Yesterday someone told me, “Men are blessed with only one quality and that is ‘Tolerance’ before ‘Expression’.” I replied after a deep gasp with no thought of feminism on my mind, “Women are blessed with both tolerance & the ability to express.”

George .H. Lewes and a ‘man’ himself quoted, “It is not enough that a man has clearness of vision, and reliance on sincerity, he must also have the art of expression, or he will remain obscure."

Written by Vrushali Deshpande

When I am Gone

In a world full of love and of lies You looked into my trusting eyes With a heart so pure I thought you were sure But you let the deceitful ...