Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One thing You Miss The Most Is...



Sometimes one thing that you most miss is ‘Happiness’ and no matter how hard you try to be jovial and positive, particular things around you tend to go wrong. Despite the odds, you decide to stay calm and happy, but these things have their own way of screwing up with your mind and you desire to make yourself stronger to conquer that.

Sometimes one thing that you most miss is ‘Peace’ and I do not remember the last time I felt it. The last feeling I got of peace was when my sis told to me, ‘You had a smile on your face when you were sleeping’.

Sometimes one thing that you most miss is ‘company of people who stayed with you despite the odds’. I tried to make things better, I tried giving everything I could, but yet I could not fulfill certain expectations. I truly miss these people who gave me that hug, who cared for me so much.

Sometimes one thing that you most miss is ‘simplicity’. I do not crave for a diamond ring to make me happy; A five rupee ring one can get from a Local train can make me truly happy because for some strange reason I would feel the connection, I would feel the bond, I would feel I am yours forever.

I do not need big flower bouquet from you; all that can make me happy is that one petal of rose and words of togetherness.

I do not need a dinner at an expensive restaurant; the one thing that made me happy was feeding you in the car from the Tiffin.

Today people seem to have alienated me; today my words are made fun of and people laugh about it; today people ask me to make most out of what luxuries I get for free and squeeze some more with tact of manipulation.

I never thought about myself even once when I got anything for you; I wanted you to have every object of luxury because I felt that’s what you only identity yourself with; I could not afford it, scrapped through that period with expenses, but managed to buy things for you, which you will truly use.

I do not need your money in any form; all I need is a sign that you truly love me.

Sometimes one thing you most miss is a ‘sign of love’.

Written by Vrushali Deshpande

Final Blow

There once was a love so deep and true I forgave you, no matter what you'd do Betrayal after betrayal, my heart torn in two But my love ...