Sunday, April 11, 2010

Acceptance

It is simple to disregard someone’s thought and argue over it for all of your life. Often the time we hear anything extremely different from the way we think and contradictory to ours, we are filled with instantaneous negative reactions and our act is then to convince them with all our words on what we think over it. Funny isn’t it, this whole game of changing someone’s thoughts and opinions and making it more and more convenient for us to be able to survive with them.

I wonder sometimes what is so difficult to understand that we all have been brought up in different environments and culture; that we all have had different experiences in life; that we have exposed ourselves to different sources of information, be it the kind of books we read, the sort of movies we watch. We are all different from each other in some ways; we all are different from each other in many ways and I guess that is what makes conversations so interesting.

Someone said a very beautiful thing to me yesterday, "The best thing is to accept people as they are, if they really like you and you like them, you BOTH will change little".

I was not stranger to similar words; I was not completely unaware to this intention in his words; but he was a person with a simple heart who effortlessly conveyed the most insightful thing to me and I could not believe that learning could be so easy.

We cannot always desire for someone to be just like us and expect better understanding; it is only when we find in that someone a person we always wanted to be, then can we truly grow in them; it is only when we find someone who does things we always longed to do, then can we truly find happiness with them.

Written by Vrushali Deshpande

When I am Gone

In a world full of love and of lies You looked into my trusting eyes With a heart so pure I thought you were sure But you let the deceitful ...