Monday, February 6, 2012

Who am I really?

I live in a country where mental compatibility may not be as important as horoscope compatibility. I live with a family which does not believe in the latter and it is fine. I live with neighbors of relation who believe in keeping fast in the name of God, but I live with a family who does not believe starving is a way to God. I hang around with friends who have extreme say on both. My books, learnings and experiences have taught me that being practical is a way to life. Have belief in yourself more than anyhing else in life. And with this I become a composite of a confused culture. Who am I really?

It is said that what we are is because of our upbringing, our values imbibed within us by our parents; what we make of ourselves is because of the people we meet in life; the friends we make, the books we read, the media we are exposed to and the experiences we have. All in all, it is challenging to sort your mind out and develop individuality within yourself.

If you are sensitive, the world would not be quite good to your emotions and thus, you wear a shield all the time to defend yourself. In the process of wearing the shield for the longest time, it becomes automatically a part of your personality. Who am I really? A sensitive girl who would once get hurt easily or a woman whose first impression in everyone’s mind is ‘strong personality’?

It is not important to classify ourselves into X and Y. It is not important to carve out that we believe in X and not in Y. It is not always important to be so judgmental about ourselves. It is important that the base of our being – our conscience, our soul does not feel we are doing wrong. It is important to be a good human than being anything else.

Final Blow

There once was a love so deep and true I forgave you, no matter what you'd do Betrayal after betrayal, my heart torn in two But my love ...