Sunday, October 6, 2013

Incompleteness

She brought a smile to my face as she playfully teased me. And as I saw her step out of the house I live in, I was reminded by my 1 year 5 month old niece how incomplete I am. 

Motherhood calling isn't as pleasant as I once thought it would be. I do not have it in me to find faith in a man yet again. I have it in me to unconditionally love a part of me -  my child. Motherhood calling brings tears as easily as it never has been. 

Routine has gripped my loneliness so much that tears do not find a place within me.
I am deaf to the music in that lounge; I am numb to people and their mind games. I shop beyond limits to find happiness and I still feel incomplete. Alcohol only makes my silence more apparent and pain more evident in my satirical conversations.

I cry every day for a reason I do not know for sure. It feels sometimes that I am waiting for something desperately and it feels sometimes that I need nothing anymore. 

Yet amidst all this the only thing that brings a smile to my face is my niece. Her departure only grips me more into my loneliness. 

Written by Vrushali Deshpande

Final Blow

There once was a love so deep and true I forgave you, no matter what you'd do Betrayal after betrayal, my heart torn in two But my love ...