Friday, September 20, 2013

Faith

Some promise and some break it. Some ask you to have faith in them; they assure you and keep so much at stake. It isn't easy to fight our own battles, but it is far more difficult when others fight your battles for you.  There you meet those who stand there to see you fail and you believe their words.
There you meet the one who stands there to see you succeed and you don't believe her words. 

As I walked lifelessly on the empty streets of Gateway, I asked myself, " Why is it difficult for people to have faith in me?". As I thought, I walked aimlessly watching the sea waves, hoping to find its answer in it.

It doesn't matter what I say, what I assure.
It doesn't matter what I feel, how much I love. 

As I walked tearfully on the empty pavements of Colaba, I am awakened by the hard push of a Tempo. It's rusted body brushes through my arm ruthlessly causing excruciating pain.  I don't shout despite the agony. It isn't just me but my reflexes have numbed me a lot more than I thought. 

No one saw me stumble on the dirty patch of the road and I continued bleeding hoping for the blood to stop. I move my arm delicately to see my skin tear off. It is then that my thoughts paused. 

As I lie on this hospital bed tonight, I recall everything I felt.  These medications sedate me to numb my mind. Little did they know, it only needed a thought to get me there.